Monday, October 7, 2013

This is a continuation of the blog below. So be sure to Start at beginning.

Question: The Community Council disappeared 8 years ago. Will you bring them back?

Michelle Weeks: I feel a disconnect between the residents and city hall. Having a Community Council would help residents understand why the council votes on issues.

Troy Walker: You can contact the city hall and we always answer back. I get calls on my cell phone and I always answer an email back from a resident. I would rather residents ask me directly. We have a $30,000,000 budget and not one resident showed up at the budget meeting before we approved it. Not many people come to city council meetings, so I would rather they speak to the city directly. No one has shown an interest in doing a Community Council.

Jeff Stenquist: We did away with the Community Council because it started to fall apart and didn't work. Everyone stopped participating in it. I felt like it was a middle layer. That residents felt they had to go to their Community Council and then the community council came to us. I would rather deal with the residents directly.

Phil Shell: I was on one of the Community Councils before they did away with them. I would be for it if residents wanted to be active again, but then again no one even shows for meetings like our budget.

Bill Rappleye: I think SunCrest has done the best. They have the best Emergency Preparedness. They throw parties for the residents so they get to know each other. They are involved. Do we need more dialog, yes.

CLOSING STATEMENTS:

Bill Rappleye: Draper is my home and always will be. I thank you for the great turn out tonight to listen to your candidates running. I feel so welcome in Draper. Like I can talk to people like they are my friend.

Michelle Weeks: I love Draper. We need fresh voices, new opinions, new visions, and we need to add a woman to the board. We need a change and I am willing to learn.

Troy Walker: We can only go forward. We need someone to be ready to represent Draper and help compete for business. After seeing everyone line up on 12300 for Derek Johnson shows how much Draper residents really care.

Jeff Stenquist: Thanks for coming out tonight and being informed about the candidates to see who  is the best person for this job. I  have the experience to represent you on the council. We have grown and learned a lot being on the council these past years. We still have more growing in Draper and I have the experience to do it.

Phil Shell: I can make a difference. I want to work with you and for you. I have my work experience as an attorney to help you move forward. You need leadership and vision. I also have the time away from work to dedicate to the council. I want to be proactive.


Well thats all folks, I hope you enjoyed your reading because my fingers hurt from typing. Thanks DeLaina for typing the first part. I hope I don't have to read my comments on here from tomorrow night :-)....Amy


No comments: